Thursday 16 July 2009

Total Beginners watercolour course

Misty Morning, Ullswater
Watercolour
By Jane Ward
This is one of the paintings for my Total Beginners Watercolour On line course. I really enjoyed painting this. I took my time, used just four colours, changed the water at least 7 times, I wanted to keep the washes very pure with barely any brushstrokes showing. I also stretched my beloved Arches paper for a good ten minutes. Sometimes we do rush in 'where eagles dare' which is good but occasionally really thinking about where you are going to put the wash and what you want the wash to do can help. Anyway if you would like to have a go at this painting do check out my web site www.watercolourcourse.co.uk it's taken me years to figure out how to get the results I want in watercolours but I hope to push you in the right direction a little bit quicker.

No comments: