Tuesday 26 October 2010

'Tarn Hows' the perfect Autumnal painting location in the Lake District

'Tarn Hows'  Acrylic by Jane Ward
Dare I say it's all 'go, go, go' at the moment, I had a great bunch of students at last weekends Watercolour Workshop and it is excellent when you see a total beginner produce a lovely painting, and I do believe that anyone who wants to paint CAN!
I've an exhibition at Moot Hall in Keswick from Saturday to Monday so I've been getting ready for this, I'm at this moment finishing a imperial size watercolour of 'Loughrigg Tarn' but I'm frightened to paint the foreground!! So here I am writing instead the blog, but glancing over my shoulder at my as usual' Left hand unfinished corner' What is it with this left hand corner?
NEC Birmingham 10 days and counting Tarn Hows above was painted with Daler Rowney Acrylics.
Anyone that does'nt know 'Tarn Hows' it's a gem of a Lakeland Tarn, I personally think it's one of the top 5 and at this time of the year is a pure delight, go armed with paints, camera and flask and you'll have a super day.


3 comments:

Franz said...

Questo lavoro รจ magnifico,lo osservo per imparare!
Stupendo l'effetto lucido del lago e i tronchi degli alberi in primo piano!
Saluti

Francesco

Lakeland art said...

Italian to English translation
This work is magnificent, I look to learn!
Superb glossy effect of the lake and the tree trunks in the foreground!
Greetings
Many thanks Franz, this is also helping me learn your great language
questo aiuta anche a me imparare la vostra lingua grande

our shabby cottage said...

I have many fond memories of Tarn Hows, Jane. I can also remember it frozen solid in '96 and actually walking out on it. This is a wonderful painting.