Tuesday 16 August 2011

Painting Catbells in watercolours


Catbells possibly the most famous fell around Derwentwater. But quite a difficult one to paint! This is one of my favourite views of it from the shore. I'm hoping to include this view and how easy it can be to paint on the next Outdoor Workshop. The colours will be brighter, not as much green with flecks of Autumn Oranges to complement soft Blue Green. Soft Blue Green now what colour is that 'Cobalt Blue with a touch of Raw Sienna ' maybe! I think we will have wonderful reflections of Catbells to paint, again nice and simple to paint and with just a few stones in the foreground to lead the eye through. So if you fancy joining my small group to paint Catbells and other famous Lakeland views the date for the diary is Sat 17th and Sun 18th September the price is £125, just email me for a booking form lakelandart@hotmail.co.uk

No comments: