Tuesday 13 September 2011

The calm after the storm

Calm Moorings in watercolour

Just finished 'Calm Moorings' it's strange I've painted this in the middle of a storm over Britain, maybe it's what my mind is wanting! This is going to be a new project on my beginners online watercolour course Only three colours were used Winsor Blue, Permanent rose and a new Autumn seasonal shade I use Quinacridone Gold. The palette knife helped create the foreground.
I got a lovely comment this morning from a fellow American artist saying how much she liked my Autumn Oil painting, I must say I was a little unsure. When you paint in different meduims you do wonder which you feel most confident with. I'm often asked which I prefer to paint with. I can never pin down which one. Some views just shout pastels, others have wonderful texture, which Oils and Acrylics lend themselves to and for ease on location watercolours take some beating. 
So at the moment I'm enjoying Oils and  ordered a new book to motivate and inspire.

No comments: