Thursday 22 December 2011

My top ten winter paintings

 With temperatures around a barmy 11 degrees, I don't think we will be having a white Christmas here in Keswick, but I still have my fingers crossed. So here is my top ten favourite winter paintings just to remind you of a white Christmas. I'll post the top five tomorrow.
Castlerigg Stone Circle painted in pastels.

Sharp Edge painted in watercolours

The lost valley, Glencoe painted in watercolours. This really was sketched on site, be it a quick sketch!


On the Edge painted in pastels.
After a three hour slog to the top, I knew the view would be breathtaking, a sketch with crampons on.

Rannoch Moor, Scottish Highlands painted in pastels. Two puffa jackets need for this sketch and this was just in the car.

2 comments:

Kay said...

love the lost valley,Glencoe..wow. No snow here in Utah either..but cold!

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Beautiful paintings, we're also wishing for a white Christmas here in Hampshire, but I doubt it will happen....Merry Christmas