Monday 4 February 2013

Learn to paint watercolours in the Lake District


I thought I would share with you a couple of photographs of Stockley Bridge. This ancient footbridge has been painted many times over the years, it's situated near Seathwaite and is on the route to Great Gable and Scafell Pike. 
I'm going to demonstrate my interpretation in watercolours on Wednesday to my Keswick Art group.
You might wonder what 'Draws' me to this view?
I love the misty dramatic mountain landscape and think this will favour beautiful pale watercolour washes. 
The colour of the streams in Borrowdale are truly spectacular with clear water tinged with a transparent Viridian hue.

It sounds easy writing this down, but the joy will come when the brush and paint hit the paper!
I'll post later and let you know how Stockley is coming on.

If you fancy having a go at watercolour and not sure where to begin, I have a couple of places available on
Watercolour Weekend for Beginners in Keswick
Saurday 23rd and 24th February
 See my website for more details www.lakelandartcourses.co.uk 
or just email me lakelandart@hotmail.co.uk



No comments: