Tuesday 23 April 2013

Beautiful Derwentwater

 Evening glow, Derwentwater painted in Oils Sold


Here are a couple of my favourite paintings of beautiful Derwentwater, both very different. Evening glow was painted late on an August evening, I saw the last rays of sunlight catch the back fells of Borrowdale and watched the Geese fly down the lake, honking and hooting from above. 'After the rain' explains itself, but tackling a full imperial piece of watercolour paper was quite a daunting experience.

I've loved painting this special lake over the years and find inspiration every time I walk down to it. I know I'm going to miss it's moods and sparkle over the next few months, but I'm sure the lofty peaks of the Alps is going to keep me well inspired and I'm hoping that you will enjoy our adventure in France which begins next week.

Number One Art Critic did say ' Just take as much art gear as you need' he has come to regret those words and I wonder if our trusty VW van will fit it all in, fingers crossed, I'll let you know how we get on.



After the rain, Derwentwater painted in watercolours Sold

www.watercolourcourse.co.uk

1 comment: