Sunday 24 November 2013

Alpine Hideaway in the French Alps


Alpine Hideaway
Painted in Watercolours

I had lots of fun with this little watercolour.Watching the snow come down and then seeing the sun come out. I quickly got the paper and paints out before the snow would melt and disapear.
I was unsure about how to paint so much White! snow, so I started with the old barn, I masked out a few branches and roofs with tape and fluid and then went for it with strong shades of Blues and Pinks. I dropped in plenty of water and also salt crystals and then hoped for some action to develop.
When all was dry the salt and masking was removed and I then painted some dark tones around the barn and popped in the tree with a rigger and the trusty palette knife.

An online watercolour course for  beginners and Intermediates

No comments: