Sunday 16 February 2014

Aguille du Grepon painted in watercolours


Aguille du Grepon, Chamonix
Painted in Watercolours

Size 20 x 12 inches For Sale

I love the Chamonix skyline and have painted the Dru, Mont Blanc and the Grandes Jorasses but not the mighty 'Grepon'. I painted this from a sketch I did on Wednesday we parked the van and this was the view above. With bright sunshine lighting the colourful Ochres in the rock face it certainly made a stunning view to appreciate. I came back and worked off the sketch and a few photo's. I kept a limited palette, masked out a little and painted the sky after I had some of the main details in. I find this really helps to get better tonal values.

To purchase this original painting or for more details Email lakelandart@hotmail.co.uk


No comments: