Saturday 12 April 2014

Spring time in Chamonix


I feel like a headless chicken running around not knowing where or what to paint.
I've spent hours staring at the ever changing Chamonix view. But this morning the paints came out and the brushes jumped into to action. I had sketched the scene the previous morning. The light changes the shadows on the mountains very quickly, so I gave myself a time slot from 10.30 to 11.45am. Otherwise the shadows and light would be in different places, I'm a fairly slow painter but today I got a move on!!



To complicate matters, the clouds started to build up and suddenly when I looked up to check colours, my mountain ridge had disappeared from view. Time to put the brush down and carry on tomorrow at 10.30!




Spring seems to have happened overnight here in the Alps, the snow is melting, with  trees and blossom starting to bloom. Butterflies and Bees are busy finding pollen in Daffodils, Primroses and Winter Jasmine. The skis have been swapped for the bicycles and here I am on our first bike outing making my way, slowly I must say up the Col Montets. We cycled this pass last August, but with no snow on the way





Sunshine and Blossom



No comments: