Sunday 3 August 2014

Painting boats


Just had a few sunny days in Sanary Sur Mer. It made me realise I have a boat fettish! This pretty little port full of colourful boats bobbing gently in the Mediterranean is a perfect place for the artist who likes a boat or two on their paper or canvas. And they all have wonderful names, like Irene, Jeremy, Sophie and La Romance just to name a few.


I sat and sketched and started a watercolour that just needs a few finishing touches. I'll share it over the next few days. It made me think, how much I do enjoy painting water and boats they do make interesting subjects. 
My Online watercolor course features two easy step by step projects including boats 'Red boat Windermere' shows how a splash of colour in a tonal moody landscape can give real impact and 'Turquoise Waters Annecy' uses lots of different masking techniques and wonderful bright complementary colours.


 A quick watercolour study capturing the sunshine in the hull (I'm sure this is the technical term for inside the boat)


Complementary colours of Blues and Orange in this Oil study.







 A splash of Cadminum Red in a Windermere lake scene.


Floating on Lac Annecy  watercolour



A trio soaking in the Med sunshine.

The Online watercolour course Price £75.00 includes six step by step projects, colour tags and sketches for each painting, material list and feedback on each project with handy tips. 
The perfect present for the budding artist with a personal voucher










No comments: